SANTA BARBARA – The Ministry of Sacred Music of the parish of Mission Santa Barbara, 2201 Laguna Street, has announced openings for the following music positions.
The parish’s Ministry of Sacred Music is seeking qualified singers and musicians to enhance and serve the parish music ministry. All positions begin in early September 2022. Applicants should contact Roy Spicer, the Director of Sacred Music, to schedule interviews and auditions. Detailed position descriptions and pay scale are available.
Mission Choral Scholars (Section Leaders) Soprano, Alto, and Tenor
Strong musicianship and skills in the following areas:
- College/University level musical training (preferred)
- Sight-reading skills and ability to sing in various musical styles
- Ability to work with and lead section of volunteer singers
Principal responsibilities include:
- Rehearsals / Masses: Thursdays 7pm until 8:30pm and Sundays 8am until 10am
- Serve as section leaders in the Mission Choir (9am)
- Principal Feasts and Holy Days (Christmas, Holy Week, Easter)
- Additional liturgies upon request (Weddings, Funerals)
Sunday 11am Ensemble Leader
Responsible for providing and guiding the liturgical music at the 11am Sunday Mass (Family Focused) working with the Director of Music to create, form, and enhance a musical ensemble which engages the assembly fully.
Requirements and Responsibilities include:
- Proficient keyboardist, knowledge of Catholic liturgy
- Ability to engage and promote active participation
- Facilitate rehearsals and Sunday Masses with volunteer instrumentalists, cantors, and singers
Email all inquiries and resumes.